Team Leader roles with GoodOaks
Team leaders work closely with the management team to ensure that the highest quality of care is delivered to clients.
Team Leaders are responsible for a team of care professionals in addition to their own caring responsibilities. They provide guidance, supervision and ongoing support to care professionals to ensure they provide their duties safely and to the best of their ability.
At GoodOaks we are committed to developing our Team Leaders with the opportunity to complete further qualifications and to progress into more senior roles within the Health and Social Care sector such as Care Coordinator or Deputy Manager.
You can check out our reviews on Indeed here.
Why Become a Team Leader?
- Flexible working patterns
- Excellent pay rates, plus holiday pay
- Pension contributions and employment status
- Supportive, proactive and understanding management
- Full training provided and paid, including your care certificate
- Market-leading employment package
What we’re looking for in a Team Leader:
- Previous experience in either domiciliary care, residential care or support work
- Level 2 or 3 NVQ or QCF Diploma
- Passionate about providing high-quality, person-centred care
- Ability to give and receive both positive and constructive feedback
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Individuals willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check, or have recent, or an updated enhanced DBS check
Hear from one of our Team Leaders, Sophia
I had worked as a care professional for 3 years and was interested in progressing my career. I love my job and was excited about having some more responsibilities and new challenges.
I have my usual day to day care calls the same as a visiting care professional, alongside this I am also responsible for community assessments for new care professionals after they complete their training to ensure they are competent to start working independtly. I then have support visits with the new members of my team after 6 months of them starting too.
Every 3 months I touch base with the clients that the care professionals in my team visit, to ensure they are happy with the care they are receiving. I also take part in fortnightly meetings with the other Team Leaders with our Registered Manager.
Every day is different which I really like as I never get bored!
I really like that I can help others, when I first started I loved that I had people to go to to ask questions and now I can pass on my knowledge and experience to others. I love that I still get to see all our wonderful clients everyday even though I have taken on more responsibility. I hope my team feels like they can ask me anything and feel supported in their roles as this is my main aim as a Team Leader.
Would this role suit you?
This role is perfect for someone who has years of experience as a care professional but is looking for more responsibility. You will be responsible for liaising with your team and ensuring any new starters feel confident during their community assessments. It’s an excellent stepping stone if you are looking to work your way up within the sector.