Mother’s Day 2022 – How a carer helps change a life
Mother’s Day is a time to celebrate our mums in all their glorious forms, this year the celebration falls on March 27th, 2022. Celebrations of motherhood and mother’s have been recorded since the Greek and Roman times, and then later as part of the Christian ‘Mothering Sunday’ tradition. This is the fourth Sunday in Lent when everyone would return to their ‘mother church’ – it later became a time for children to bring flowers home for their mothers on the day, before the Mother’s Day holiday tradition was started in the US 1907 as a way of children honouring the sacrifices of their mothers.
At GoodOaks Homecare, we believe that all of our care should first pass the ‘Mum Test’ – “Would we want our mum cared for in this way?” That’s the start point for all the care we provide. It’s an easy test that quickly defines exactly what we consider to be ‘good care’ – if we’d be happy with this care being given to our loved ones, then you can rest assured that we will give excellent care to your loved ones too.
This Mother’s Day we wanted to say thank you to the lovely mums, daughters, sons and wider family who have given us such glowing testimonials. With GoodOaks we treat your family, like our own family. Here’s what our clients and their families are saying about our care:
- “The care is very good and as promised. The relationship between the carer and myself is excellent and I feel this will continue to grow as the service is of a very high standard.”
- “I am completely satisfied with the care given; I would be pleased to recommend GoodOaks to any friend needing the same.”
- “I have found GoodOaks to be an excellent organisation where individual needs are met with courteous professionalism. I would certainly use them again and would not hesitate in recommending their services.”
- “Excellent service given in a beneficial, quiet and respectful way.”
- “Thank you for being so caring and thoughtful – I am missing you already, do pop in for a coffee and a chat if you have time on your hands.”
- “You are a wonderful team and everyone I’ve met is really caring, helpful, friendly and cheerful, and I look forward to their visits. So please keep up the good work.”
The GoodOaks Homecare difference
We believe that good care can change someone’s life, enabling them to live more independently and comfortably for longer. You can read what our clients and their loved ones say about us here. You can also read about all the tasks we can help you with here. From washing, cooking, cleaning and gardening, to helping you or your loved one get out and about to appointments, to see friends or to do activities. GoodOaks carers are here to help.
If you would like help or support for you or your loved one, please feel free to get in touch for a free consultation about the care we could provide. You can find our contact details online, or feel free to give our head office team a call on 01202 757787 and we can put you in touch with your local branch.