If you have been assessed as needing help from social care services, you can choose to receive direct
payments from the Local Authority to organise your own care. This gives you more choice and
control over the support you get, allowing you to change provider if you are not happy.
Direct payments are paid every four weeks in advance and are made up of:
- Your contribution (that you have been financially assessed as being able to pay)
- The Local Authority contribution – the difference between the total value of the care you
have been assessed as needing and your contribution.
You can use the direct payment to meet the agreed outcomes in your support plan. This can include:
- Personal care – using a CQC Registered Agency like Good Oaks or employing your own staff
- Social opportunities – using these as an alternative to going to a day centre
- Short term care for a break
To find out more, contact your Local Authority.
Borough of Poole’s main contact for this is the Adult Social Care Help Desk, Tel. 01202 633902 or email email@example.com
Bournemouth Council’s main gateway is Care Direct, Tel. 01202 454979 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org