FRANCHISE TERRITORY SPOTLIGHT
East Dorset Franchise Territory
This Month’s Home Care Territory Spotlight is East Dorset.
Good Oaks Home Care’s East Dorset Territory includes multiple towns such as Ringwood, Ferndown, Fordingbridge, Verwood and Ferndown, and extends into West Hampshire.
The demographics and location are ideal for a home care franchise start-up: a large population of over 100,000 people, with over 38,000 people over the age of 60.
The location would also work well for a Good Oaks Home Care franchise due to the proximity of our existing operations. Our New Forest home care franchise has found that cross-pollination of both clients and carers has allowed for quick, sustainable growth while reducing overheads.
The unique closeness to Good Oaks’ HQ gives some serious advantages:
- Carer training taken care of by the dedicated in-house trainer in Head Office in Poole, saving time, money and office space needed for local training facilities
- Support and advice only 30 minutes away, allowing us to be even more responsive to both urgent and non-urgent enquiries
- Ability to use our office for meetings, interviews etc when required
- Cross-pollination of client and job-seeker enquiries online and through local reputation
- Local knowledge of Local Authority contracts
The popularity of the area, being close to the New Forest, Bournemouth and the Dorset coast, has seen a rapid expansion in housing from the 1970s with the Verwood, Ferndown, West Moors and Corfe Mullen populations more than quadrupling.
It is especially popular with retired people, with over 36% of people over the age of 60 in this territory. The average proportion of over-65s in England as a whole is just 16.4%.
The territory includes a number of towns well linked by the A31, including:
- Wimborne Minster: Population of 15,552
- Ferndown: Population of 25,559
- West Moors: Population of 7,561
- Ringwood: Population of 14,181
There are also two local community hospitals at St Leonards, and Victoria Community Hospital in Wimborne.
Why Start-up a Good Oaks Home Care business in East Dorset?
East Dorset is above average for the proportion of people over the age of 65, and aging. It is a retirement hotspot, as well as having populations of young families to recruit quality staff from.
LOCAL QUALITY REPUTATION
With Good Oaks operating in the area for over seven years, our reputation as a leading quality care provider has cemented. We regularly receive interest from East Dorset for both jobs and packages of care.
HEAD OFFICE PROXIMITY
Free in-house carer training included as part of the franchise agreement – a first in home care franchising. This saves you valuable time as well as thousands of pounds each year, so you can focus on building and leading your business.
Demographics - Home Care in East Dorset
Would you like more information?
Tel: 01202 786415
or to request a Prospectus: