In a Live-in Care job, people support clients who need full-time care in their own homes. Live-in Carers live with the client in their house, and help them when they need it with things like food preparation, companionship, personal care and medication prompting.
We match you with clients with the same interests and attitudes, and try to foster strong and lasting relationships. The one-to-one nature of the work can be much more rewarding than working in other care environments. Live-in care is also financially rewarding; our live-in carers earn more than £600 per week, and do not need to pay for food or lodging.
Live-in Care Placements are for a minimum of a week at a time, and we offer flexible placement lengths of one, two, three weeks at a time, and sometimes longer where appropriate.
Why Become a Live-in Carer?
- Flexible working patterns
- Excellent weekly pay rates, PLUS holiday pay earned per week
- Pension contributions and employment status
- Food provided by clients
- Supportive, proactive and understanding management
- Free training and arranged, paid accommodation for training
- Market-leading Employment Package
- Opportunities to study for a Level 2 or 3 QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care
What we’re looking for in a Live-in Carer:
- To be caring, kind and compassionate
- Be willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS, or have recent or Updated Enhanced DBS Check
- Prior experience in the care sector (but not necessarily Live-in Care)
- To manage the home as much as required, possibly including cleaning, shopping and cooking.
Applying for a Live-in Care Job
To apply for a position, fill out the quick application form below and we’ll be in touch:
Doing Live-in Care suits me perfectly. I get to form great relationships with my clients, who I always go back to. Good Oaks help me with any care issues so there's always someone to call if I'm not sure about something!more testimonials
Live-in Care Job – FAQs
- What sort of clients do you have?
Our live-in clients are a diverse group. We care for some people that need extra help due to old age and frailty, some who have had a stroke, or dementia. There are others who need help for a wide variety of illnesses or disabilities.
- What would I earn as a live-in carer?
We always pay more than £600 per week to our live-in carers. The amount depends on the level of need of the client and is agreed before the placement starts.
- What are you looking for in a carer?
Experience of care work is important for a live-in care position due to the unique nature of the role. We look for dedicated, caring, reliable and friendly people who will fit in with the ethos of the company.
- How long do I live-in with a client?
The usual placement is two weeks on, two weeks off. We are flexible however, and will endeavour to fit in with your preferred work pattern. Some clients prefer permanent carers, and we do accommodate this as well.
- Do you pay for travel?
Sometimes. It depends what we have agreed with the client, and how long your placement is. We will let you know before each placement what the situation is with that particular client.
- Do I need my own car?
No – driving isn’t essential for our live-in carers.
- What do I do about food?
Usually, our carers cook and eat with our clients. This is more social and cost-effective than cooking and eating separately. The clients usually pay for the food for both you and them, but if not, we pay an additional food allowance to cover your food costs.
- How long do I have off per day?
You are entitled to at least two hours off per day. If you are on a long-term placement, you may have longer off one day a week. Because we also provide visiting care, when appropriate we provide visiting carers to ensure you can leave your client during your break.