Although the assessment is often billed as the care provider learning about you, it is a chance for you to get to know them, and to make a decision as to whether you’d like to work with them. Some important questions to ask would include:
- The outcome of their latest Care Quality Commission report (you can always visit cqc.org.uk to confirm).
- How many different staff will be visiting you
- How much the care costs, and whether there are any hidden costs, such as mileage or assessments.
- About their induction process, and what topics they train their staff in
- Will you have a key-worker
- How often are the reviews
Remember that this meeting is no-obligation, and you do not need to go with the first provider you meet. Care is so important that you need to be sure and confident in the integrity and professionalism of your provider.